Participate in virtual music video projects with just a single device! Virtual Chorister is a mobile app for iOS (iPhone & iPad) and Android that allows you to follow a reference video while you record your own performance (it’s also great for instrumentalists).
Normally, you must watch a conductor video on a separate device while recording your own performance video. The Virtual Chorister app lets you simultaneously watch a video on your device while recording your own, in either portrait or landscape orientation.
Guide videos can be loaded from Photos, Files, or streamed from YouTube. Recorded videos are saved to your Photo Library.
- Use headphones so that your singing is isolated from the guide track.
- Bluetooth headphone support added in Version 1.1.
- Recordings are saved to your Photo Library. Choose your format (720p, 1080p, or 4K, if supported by your device camera).
Version 1.5: View music scores on iPad & more
- iPad only: View a PDF music score alongside videos and the camera viewfinder.
- iOS: You can now resize and reposition the video and camera viewfinder anywhere on screen.
- iOS: Bug fixes to address audio issues when recording specifically on iPhone 8, X, XS and XR devices (using 3rd-party Bluetooth headphones)
Version 1.2: Two (big) new features!
- You can now stream guide videos directly from YouTube! (with a video URL)
- Added playback controls for guide videos, so you can practice without recording and scroll to different sections.
- Also, a few minor bug fixes. Please contact email@example.com if you encounter any issues.
- You can now load guide videos from Files.
- This means you can load videos from Dropbox, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, etc. in addition to files already stored on your device!
To load videos from Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, iCloud Drive or service… Check the Files app to see if the cloud storage provider is already listed under “Locations”. If not…
- Make sure you have the desired app (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.) installed on your device and that you’re properly logged into the service.
- Open the Files app and select “Browse” button on the bottom toolbar.
- Tap the three dots button at the upper right, and select “Edit”.
- If your service provider is switched off, turn it on. Files from that service should now be available within Virtual Chorister.
- Initial release. Hope you like it!